Scroll down to see my ZR tire review!
Parts and Projects: (chosen with street and race in mind)
H&R Sway Bars: Look for SLK 320 R170 or SLK 32AMG sway bars to find it online.
Specs: OEM front on a Limited is 25mm, rear is 10mm
OEM front on a SRT-6 is 28mm, rear is 15mm
H&R front 30mm ($267.00), rear is 20mm ($185.00)
Visit store https://thmotorsports.com/hr/hr-sway-bars/g-56165.aspx
Front: This was a two hrs labor but an alignment is needed on all 4 wheels.
Rear: I was charged 4 hrs labor but it included the differential service. 1st impressions is that the ride confort stayed the same.
Camber Arms & Steering wheel:
Megan Racing if you lowered your crossfire you ned this. The stock parts do not adjust enough. MR has developed reinforced and adjustable control arms to adjust-ability of the alignment, accommodate the needs of the aggressive and performance oriented tuner. Being constructed of a Lightweight Steel-Alloy which is able to withstand the stresses of extreme competition, these arms are powder-coated with a 3-Stage process to ensure durability and protection against the elements.
I began on Rotex Gold pads, low dust but useless on track day. Since upgrading the front caliper I used Stoptech Street Performance the best bang for your buck on street or track at $80.00 a set. Now in 2016 I ran different size brake pads on the front but for the rear crossfire caliper I use Poterfield.
Lots of choices for brake pads semi-metallic, kevlar, ceramic of blends or carbon ceramics:
1. Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic -This is an all around superb brake pad and is suitable for both road and light track use.
Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic Pads are optimized to be used with both high performance and original equipment brake disc.
2. Hawk HP Plus- Autocross/Track Day Racing, Sports Car/GT Racing, Drag Racing, Performance Street Driving. Fits SRT6 for sure.
3. Poterfield R4S High Performance Street and Autocross- Possibly the BEST STREET BRAKE PAD EVER? For high performance and heavy-duty street conditions. Perfect for the everyday driver up to the high end luxury performance super cars. The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. R4-S compound has noise and dust levels far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brake material. Good for autocrossing, rallies and for your tow vehicle or SUV. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the US. Also offers the R4-S in pad sizes for competition type calipers that are used under street driven conditions. http://www.lpiracing.com/Porterfield-Brake-Pads-c762.htm Buy for the mercedes version (Mercedes SLK320).
4.Disc Italia drilled and slotted rotors- http://www.disc-italia.com/CrossDrilledRotors.aspx
Don't cook the brakes for being cheap!
5. A series 600 DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid such as Motul 600. AMSOIL Brake Fluids is pictured, both provide superior high-temperature performance
High-temperature performance in auto/light-truck, high-performance, racing and powersports applications. High-temperature stability, yet flows easily at low temperatures. Helps keep water in suspension, slowing its effects on the brake system. High boiling temperatures ensure maximum life and reliable braking power.
6. Goodridge G-Stop High Performance Race-Bred Street Brake Line Kits are constructed from the finest quality hose, consisting of a PTFE inner hose covered by braided stainless steel. This hose provides a more responsive and firm brake pedal by eliminating the "spongy" feel.
7. STOPTECH BBK 83.560.4600.61. This is the biggest kept secret when it comes to brakes. No need to spend $2700 on 355x32 calipers spoken off on the forum when this 332x32 kit takes care of track events (no fad yet). The brake pads included are StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads, they have better ratings than Hawk HPS. The kit includes the SS lines but needs 5-10 mm spacers for the wheels and longer bolts, the caliper are larger than SRT6 330 caliper.
TVT went under as a supplier but the Bigger Throttle Body comes from the sister SLK car: OEM is 68 mm, the TB you need is 73 mm (5-8 HP). These are pre-owned from another Mercedes car.
The TB offers a 10% increase over the stock size.
These will allow you to maximize your combination and have zero restrictions in the intake tract.
Audio and Sound:
The problem was road noise, exhaust drum, lift gate rataling from the lout stereo. The problem was fixed by 50%, shut the rear bumper vents that lead to the trunk by covering both with the deadening material. If needed apply the material to the inside of the door panel.
1 coat of dynaliner. The muffler is directly under the picture below.
1 coat of Fatmat or Dynamat
Look at the far left below the vent is now covered.
Trunk lift gate makes noizes while the spoiler is down. Reached a 50% improvement with this project and 100% while the spoiler is up.
The best shocks and lowest springs are Kony and Intrex:
This suspension set up is the best in the industry for this price range and Crossfire. The shocks are adjustable to your driving needs a comfortable ride in the city or a stiff racing characteristic. The springs are less expensive than eibach and it is lower of a drop. It has ben in my car for 8 years and 40k miles. On full soft more the rear bouncing motions made a distracting spring noise. I fixed it with the new H&R sway bar.
KONI SPORT: Are adjustable, which means that you can influence the behavior of the car to meet your preferences (ride comfort, handling balance, etc.).
Why the industries first adjustable shock is still the best:
Intrax Coil Springs:
|Make||Model||Year||Part Number||Type||Chassis||Front||Rear||Lbs||List Price|
These Springs Are Cold Wound To The Most Exacting Standards, Stress Relieved And Shot Peened To Remove Surface Imperfections Extending Service Life Up To 200% Or More, Springs Are Also Phosphate Coated For Corrosion Resistance And Powder Coated To Ensure A Lifetime Of Outstanding Looks, Includes Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
And additional suspention parts:
Stabilus Steering Stabilizer
You need to replace your steering stabilizer every 30k miles. This website has the best price and all the dampers seem to be the same one. The damper fixes the vague steering and premature tire wear. Tighten your steering with this new unit. Replaces original perfectly.
Mostly on Ebay Motors (The new grilles come in black also):
CTD Germany products
More at the CTD Germany http://www.ctd-germany.com (hard to find now)
Frames from e-bay, The licenses Frame parts are made of polished shiny stainless steel- part of project debadge the crossfire
Project Debadge (the xfire has to much Mercedes to hide it):
Only Mercedes emblems should be visible. Startech or Crossfire emblems replaces the Chrysler emblems, front and rear.
Crossfire front emblem from www.crossfireaccessoriesandmore.com
NB seat belt is found on e-bays as well
A very sophisticated look!
The best tire I ever had was the original Michelin Pilot PS2 summer tires. It is among the top for track times without going with race tires. However, most only get 20k miles out of a summer tire. Now I ran Michelin pilot A/S 3 Ultra High Performance all season tire. It is best in class dry wet and durability. It is 500AA tread wear vs 280 or so on the summers. Site: http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/pilot-sport-a-s-3.html#
Having said that I set the 1/4 mile record with the Nitto Envo ZR in OEM size.
I was able to run it with 1 shot of nitrous and it set a 2 second 60ft record and my 1/4 mile 13.5 sec record.
With the both shots of Nitrous I destroyed the tires in 3 passes. In fact I destroyed the Nitto Neo-Gen ZR tires as well. I ran that tire temporarily as it fits, it is asymmetric and built for lowered cars with negative camber.
Envo was a bad track day tire, good drag tire. See tire comparisons you will see the PS3 and PS2 have a similar track time and smoke the Nitto and Hankook Ventus that every one uses now. Car and driver tire comparisons are done regularly.
Drag Tire and wheel set:
This is my set and I have use it only once seen in my "Drag 1/4" tab SRT8 race. The good is you can drive to the track and this is its reason for existing as full slicks will be better. It works much better than a street ZR tire. But plan on investing $700.00 on the set. This is the second lightest set I have ever seen.
NEEDSWINGS HAS THE HOTTEST INTAKE FOR ALL CROSSFIRES, 8 HP GAIN
Parts suggested by others:
By Don Barros
Cat-Back Exhaust System:
2004-2007 Chrysler Crossfire 3.2L Dual Rear Exit Magnaflow Exhaust
ON SALE FOR $483
VIDEO OF SOUND: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_fHgHgc7R0
MORE SITES: let me know if you find a good one: